I went running yesterday. It reminded me that I really need to keep it up, lest I loose the tiny shred of stamina I still have. So I made Johan (my husband! yeah, I said it! *newlywed butterflies*) promise to go running with me today, so I’d get out again.
Yeah. Now he’s on my back. “Let’s go. Just a short run. We’ll be done in no time. You’ll be happy you went afterward.” All of it is true. I love him for pushing me in the same way I love running - I’m really annoyed and against it right now, but I’ll be really happy after it! :)
Ok, I’m going!
- Breakfast is in the oven and smells gooooood!
- I ran 3.5k without stopping yesterday. Pace was under 7min/km (woot!)
- I’ve signed up for my second race ever! It’s a 10k in Stockholm (Tjejmilen) only for women. I’m doing it with my two sisters-in-law. It’s gonna be super fun! Oh and it’s on September 1st.
- In 9 days we leave for Lisbon on our honeymoon. The weather here in Sweden has been cold and rainy, so I’m looking forward to the climate change.
What’s awesome in your lives right now, friends? :)
So my gym is now on summer schedule, which means hardly any classes, so you take whatever you can get.
My workout buddy (she’s awesome!) and I went to the (only) class they ahd yesterday: 40 minutes intervals followed by 30 minutes core. I kid you not. It was brutal. They had us doing lunges, planks, high knees, push ups, crunches, the whole works. No rest, high speed, high repetitions. I can’t remeber the last time i sweated or planted this much. In short, super fun!
But, boy, am I paying for it today! My bad, bum and legs are killing me.
Still, so worth it!
Tomorrow I’m going out running. Who’s with me? ;)
Today I ran with a friend. 2,5km trail running. I ran the entire distance without walking in 16 minutes!
A short runt, but I’m super happy with not taking any walking breaks.
* I’m almost over my cold (yay!)
* I did 60 minutes of core at the gym yesterday. It was brutal and super fun!
* My back is sore today, which is good because it means I did something right yesterday. I’ve had a hard time finding really effective back training until now.
* I will start running again tomorrow and I’m super excited about it!
* I’ve been slacking on food but I’m ok with that for the moment.
* I’m starting to really like watching myself in the mirror at the gym! I love how toned my arms are and I get a rush every time I notice that I actually fit in and look like everyone else. That’s huge for me!
Happy weekend, folks!